I purchased an entire set of furniture at Ashley Furniture and paid the big bucks for Guardsman protection on every piece of the entire set. Somehow the coffee table got 2 tiny scratches and one nick on the wood. I sent in the claim and said I didn't know how it happened but assumed it was my kids and wasn't sure when it happened.

They never responded.

I called and after being on hold for 10 minutes was told that I didn't file the claim within 5 business days and so it was denied! What a waste of money! I told them I didn't know when it happened and what does it matter. He said the problem could get worse if you don't report it right away. I told him to look at the pictures! There is no way two tiny scratches and nick can get worse from not reporting it right away!

What a waste of money!

Had an Experience with Guardsman?

Comments

Pensacola, Florida, United States #856226

Same thing happened to me.Noticed a rub on a piece of furniture and it wasn't covered.

While I was waiting for a decision I had to purchase a different item and the store still insisted I get the guardsman on the new furniture purchase.

I finally agreed to purchase and when Guardsman denied the original claim I had to go back to the furniture company multiple times to get it cancelled and refunded on the new piece of furniture.Best line is the furniture manager saying that it is not an insurance but an accidental damage policy only problem is that they don't actually cover any accidental damage.