Purchased a 5 yr protection plan though Ashley Furniture for my kitchen table and chairs. After 3 years the chairs screws were literally falling out of the chair.

So I call the number to file the claim. They send me a bunch of sheets to fill out. Then they call to question the sheets. Then they say send pictures so we can send out a technician to fix the issues.

So after jumping through hoops like a circus lion they send me a dear John letter rejecting my claim stating that it was normal wear and tear!!!

WTF. How does my chairs falling apart screw by screw constitue “normal wear and tear”???

Review about: Guardsman Claim.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

Should have told them you had a party and things got wild. Guardsman works when you read the plan and use their lingo.

Don’t give them more information than briefly saying it was accidently broken during the oarty this past weekend. You will be happy with your new replacement. We followed the store managers instructions to a T and it worked like a charm.

Guardsman is like dealing with crooked lawyers. Have to read their fine print and read between the lines.

Yup it’s normal. Easy fix though.

Gorilla glue makes a good wood glue. Take a screw out and smear some glue on it and put it back in.

Problem solved. And please don’t pull that the furniture should always be perfect because you have a big part in keeping it looking good.