88 views

I put a claim in for a sectional I bought, the technician came to my house and was unable to repair it. I already knew that that would happen but when they emailed me to say that I waited for the next step, that never happened.

I called them back before the holidays and spent literally 2 hrs on hold only to have a RUDE customer service rep tell me that they couldn't repair or replace the sectional because the store I bought the furniture from went out of business and they couldn't order a replacement piece from them. The sectional is Ashely Furniture.

So I said well what now and CS said that I had to request the money that I spent for the Protection plan. I said is there a form to fill out and she says "NO" you have to get the receipt on how much you paid for the Plan.

Great I have no idea where the receipt is. I eventually went to the store which was bought under the same name.

Total BS.

but after some talking I was able to get the receipt from them. Now I have to write a letter explaining the whole story to get my money back.

User's recommendation: NOPE.

Guardsman Pros: No pros.

Guardsman Cons: Rude customer service, Failure to live up to warranty, Dismissive person on the phone.

Comments