1.1
Style and Design

Do NOT buy a Guardsman protection plan. It is the worst protection plan I have ever had. I would rather go through SquareTrade or something for a protection plan.

My mom who suffers from extreme arthritis and osteoporosis has a lift chair from this store, and so we bought a Guardsman protection plan.

The motor recently stopped working because the power cable just fell out of the bottom of the chair. The control box actually overheated and just desoldered, so overnight there were bare tipped DC wires that were energized and just laying on the floor under the chair. I can't imagine what would have happened if there was a spark from those wires touching the metal frame of the chair and causing a spark.

After contacting Guardsman, I sent in pictures of the chair and a picture of the receipt. They said it would take 2 weeks to process.

2 weeks go by and finally someone comes out to take a look at it. They say the wires did indeed just desolder and fall out and that it would take Guardsman another 2 weeks to respond to his report they send him.

2 weeks go by (1 month since failure now) and I call Guardsman asking if they were working on the problem. They said they would look into it and put me on hold for 30 minutes. When they came back, they said they hadn't looked at the report yet but they would look at it right now. After another hold, I was told it was approved and the motor would be shipped to Steinhafel's. Then Steinhafel's would ship the motor to our house. That should take 2-6 weeks.

So now my mother, whose chair is stuck between half way back and half way up, who has only this chair to sit in due to her arthritis and osteoporosis, has been in constant pain from this whole ordeal.

It's been a month and now we have to wait a month more. I would have went out and bought another lift chair for her and threw this one away if I knew it was going to take this long, but we aren't a very well off family.

I couldn't suggest staying away from Guardsman any more and I hope everyone reading this will do the same.

Review about: Guardsman Protection Plan.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments