Michael K Rby

Verified Reviewer

This is the worse company I have ever dealt with. They are scammers. I purchased a five yr warranty thru Weinburger in Augusta Ga. They definitely have the worse warranty company possible. I will neve

Poor service. Takes forever.

Weinburger does not push for Guardsman to do a repair in a rapid manner.

They give you the run around. My furniture is not repaired yet.

Cons:
  • Bad business

Preferred solution: My furniture repaired and not get the run around

User's recommendation: Absolutely not

TReed K

Verified Buyer

Protection plan not honored

Guardsman - Protection plan not honored
Guardsman - Protection plan not honored - Image 2

I purchased a washer from Wayfair on 10/16/2020 with a 3 year protection plan that should start AFTER the 1 year manufacturers warranty expires per Guardsman service contract terms and conditions (see attached).

Under Effective Date of Coverage of Guardsman protection plan it states; Coverage for a failure resulting from a mechanical or electrical breakdown, as referenced within the definition of failure above begins upon expiration of the shortest portion of the manufacturers original parts and /or labor warranty and continues for the remainder of your term..

I have also attached Hotpoints manufacturers warranty which shows Labor and Parts warranty 1-year entire appliance.

When I called to inquire about my warranty on Tuesday March 5th, a Representative stated that I only had a 2 year warranty and that I needed to send a copy of my invoice showing the purchase of a 3 year warranty. I sent an e-mail with a copy of my 3 year warranty invoice from Wayfair.

I then called back and spoke to a second representative that told me that my 3 year warranty from Guardsman included the 1 year manufacturers warranty plus 2 years protection plan which did not make sense considering that I paid for a 3 year plan with guardsman not a 2 year plan plus a manufacturers warranty. If that were the case that means Guardsman charged me for a 1 year manufacturers warranty which I already had through the manufacturer (Hotpoint).

Cons:
  • Do not honor their contract

Preferred solution: Honor my protection plan.

User's recommendation: DO NOT PURCHASE THE PROTECTION PLAN

Arhaan Hhf

Of course our claim was denied

I wish I could give them zero stars. This 'company' is a pure scam.

Like all the other reviews here, we purchased a Guardsman warranty just for them to deny a claim. Why would I buy a warranty if my item isn't covered by such a warranty? Why would vendors resell this scam? I am filing a complaint with the Attorney General and the Consumer Protection Agency.

These scammers are defrauding customers of their hard-earned money. Their business is built on collecting money and denying claims. I'm so happy that Overstock/Bed Bath & Beyond finally stopped selling this scam as of a month ago.

I really hope there's a class-action lawsuit against these scammers, and that the AG will actually do something about this. They're running this scam right in his state, so I hope they're shut down with a hefty fine.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Takes weeks to hear back before denial
  • Always deny claims

Preferred solution: Actual repair of product, per warranty purchased

Cindy P Jun

Casper order R62470****

I purchased a wave hybrid Snow protection plan for my mattress. I do not have a six digit number for the warranty.

I cant get it to recognize my phone number so I cannot sign on to file a claim. When I am transferred to someone who is supposed to be able to help help me the phone is disconnected, this had happened five times. I was told by Casper you would be able to help me as I cant even begin to file the claim on line.

Please help. I need to submit a claim.

Cindy Pace Loegering

Cindyloegering@***.net

(530)227-****

Order no R62470**** from Casper on 8/10/22

Cons:
  • Cannot reach customer service to file a claim

Preferred solution: Make good on warranty and replace damaged hybrid snow mattress.

User's recommendation: Using your paid for warranty is difficult. Bought from Casper and now can’t reach Guardsman for claim!

Teresa G Ptr

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Total scam, simple claim denied

Guardsman - Total scam, simple claim denied
Guardsman - Total scam, simple claim denied - Image 2
Updated by user Nov 04, 2023

I've dropped the issue and just getting my furniture repaired at my own cost - which is not a tremendous amount. Guardsman is a scam organization and reminded me to be more skeptical.

Original review Oct 19, 2023

My chair was damaged during a move, and moves are not covered! Very expensive and USELESS. I wish I had taken a moment to Google them before buying!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Do not honor claims

Preferred solution: A service call to remove the stains on my chair

User's recommendation: Avoid Guardsman!!

Brenda C Gli

Website not accepting input for claim on service agreement # 3079****

I called yesterday to make my claim. Your unpleasant representative took my information, wasted my time, and finally told me to expect an email and to fill out the claim form which would be linked in the email.

Apparently, the call didn't count as a claim.The link in the email took me to a form which I attempted to fill out countless times.

The form will not accept the furniture type (sofa/couch) and made it impossible for me to complete the claim. Are you a scam or do you plan to follow through on the protection I paid for?

Cons:
  • Terrible customer service

Preferred solution: repair with no website issues

Rose L Jyq

Verified Reviewer

Discourage anyone from using them

Have been waiting a year for a replacement chair after the hassle to prove that it was a manufactured issue. And still are waiting for the chair.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Absolutely do not use

map-marker New Port Richey, Florida

Refused to honor service contract

Submitted a claim for a scratch on a very expensive table purchased from Haverty's Furniture in Port Richey, Florida. The claim was rejected because we checked a box that said it was a discoloration instead of scratch.

We called Guardsman and spoke with a representative named Tracy. We explained the claim rejection and that we accidentally checked the wrong box and the photos submitted clearly show a scratch and not a discoloration. We asked if we were able to resubmit the claim with the proper issue box checked. She said no, you can not submit the same claim, we told her it would be resubmitted with the same photos and the correct box stating it was a scratch.

Again she said it would've rejected. When we asked why she became combative. We asked to speak with someone else, a superior and she hung up on us. Guardsman is s scam and like most " Extended Warranty" scams good luck getting something done once they have your money.

What a waste of $350. I would give zero stars if I could.

User's recommendation: Don't buy the extended warranty from Guardsman. It's a scam.

map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Thieves!!

Any excuse to deny the claim !! Weeks of waiting broken promises.

Look at the BBB reports these people are crooks.

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY!

Geri H Rdf

This Company is Awful Do Not Waste Your Money

I submitted a claim and called the next day to verify that all my documents were received. At that time I was told that they had all my documents and that they were extremely busy but that someone would be contacting me.

No one ever called and when I called the next month all of a sudden my claim was missing my receipt that was in the original documents. I was told to resend the receipt so I did and asked for them to confirm receipt which they never did. So I call again and I get this guy in the claims department who is extremely rude and tells me that my claim was denied because the receipt wasnt submitted on time.

No one ever called me, no one ever emailed me and now claim is denied oh and all of a sudden an hour later I get a reject letter, what kind of company is this, one who takes your money? Funny thing is, they are the ones who sent me the warranty documents because i purchased it, geez how did they know I purchased it if they dont have a receipt?

Preferred solution: I want my furniture fixed or replaced

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE

Dena H Bfh

Verified Reviewer

Filed a claim and am still waiting for resolve

Guardsman - Filed a claim and am still waiting for resolve
Guardsman - Filed a claim and am still waiting for resolve - Image 2
Guardsman - Filed a claim and am still waiting for resolve - Image 3
Guardsman - Filed a claim and am still waiting for resolve - Image 4

I purchased this warranty to protect myself and my furniture.I ourchased a lazy boy rocker recliner and the metal bars on the base the welds snapped. I filed a claim, they did send someone out and I received an email saying I would be contacted within 45 days, it has now been 90 days and nothing.

I go online to check the status nothing there either. I have been trying to call but have been placed on hold for over 2 hours on Monday with still no answer. I called first thing in the morning on Tuesday because they are only available on those two days.

I have now been on hold again for over an hour.

There's no email contact. I filed another claim hoping I can get a ressponse through the new claim.

Cons:
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Either repair or replace recliner

User's recommendation: Do not purchase this warranty I feel it's a scam

Britny Qrn

Very good and I like you

Renie Vfe

Unresolved and unresponsive to customer ticket

My interaction with Haverty and Guardman insurance has been profoundly disappointing. Firstly, the services were not provided in a timely manner, and to exacerbate the situation, the desired product is still unavailable.

Despite raising a ticket back in October, there has been no resolution to address these issues.

Attempting to reach Guardman's claim customer care has proven futile, as calls to the provided number, 800285****, go unanswered. This lack of responsiveness adds another layer of frustration to an already unsatisfactory experience.

Moreover, the product's quality is subpar despite a considerable expenditure of over $4000 for my comfort. The customer care service has been notably unhelpful and, regrettably, rude towards customers.

The prolonged lack of a suitable sofa has resulted in backaches, further emphasizing the impact of this ordeal on my daily life. Despite the inconveniences faced, neither company seems willing to offer a resolution.

Requests for store credit or an alternative replacement have been met with resistance.

In summary, the combined issues with service delays, product unavailability, unresponsive customer care, and subpar product quality have resulted in a highly unsatisfactory experience. The prolonged ordeal and lack of resolution continue to be a source of frustration and inconvenience.

Daniel S Lme

Parts delivery too long

Guardsman - Parts delivery too long

Coverage is not what we were sold. They don't cover cushions on furniture.

That's the reason we bought the coverage.

We had previous problems with cushions. The salesperson at the Steinhafel's store said they would be covered and they aren't.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Slow service
  • On hold on phone over an hour and a half

Preferred solution: Our sectional repaired ASAP. I'm disabled and have to climb into a power recliner that is stuck in the open position.

User's recommendation: Don't buy this coverage. And read the small print. Don't let a salesman lie to you.

Resolved
William F Dfa

Resolved: Warranty service issue

Updated by user Dec 06, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. After I posted in social media including your site , they immediately sent me an email on how to replace it .

I agreed and it was delivered in couple of days . Thanks for all your help !

Original review Nov 29, 2023
It took me a long time to get a technician into my home to fix my sofa that I bought warranty service from your company
When I finally got a technician, I was told he needs to order a part to fix the sofa . That was 3 weeks ago .
I called the company that sent the tech snd I was told they sent over the part request to a company called Restauro Furniture .

So at this time there are already 2 separate contractors involved in my warranty service issue .

I was again told by Restauro Furniture that I need to contact Guardsman to check on the status of my parts .
What kind of warranty service is this ? You got my money and now that Im asking for the service I paid for , you are giving me a run around like Im stupid !
What does a customer need to do to get the warrant service that I paid for ?
Do I really need to post in social media what kind of scam Guardsman is doing ?
Do I really need to file a complaint just yo get the servuce I paid for ?
Your company is out if your kind if you think you can get away with this easily !

User's recommendation: With persistence and help from social media they decided to resolve my issue

Guest

Finally after a long painful ordeal , Guardsman finally replaced my 2 recliners but also decided to tell me that after they replaced it, the warranty service I paid for that should cover 5 years is no longer valid . So in other words it wasn’t really for 5 years.

Nonetheless , this is the kind of warranty service you end up getting .

I’m just glad it’s replaced with the help of social media . It shouldn’t be this way.

Guest

Why do you think there is a scam? Also, you don’t have two contractors, you have one. When the part comes in the tech will be back.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2437215

Really ? That’s not what I was told by the 2 contractors I have to deal with .

But I will leave it up you since it looks like you know it better than me . I’m just thankful that Guardsman finally replaced it after a long painful process of persistence combined with social media impact .

View more comments (2)
No N Bxz

| map-marker Phenix City, Alabama

I'm pissed!!!

Over the last 4 yrs I have purchased 7 of their protection plans for many pcs of furniture from the same nationwide retailer. My trusted salesperson suggested the P Plan and said if there was an issue that arose they would repair, clean or replace.

Easy peazy! Small price to pay for peace of mind compared to how much had been spent on the furn.

After about 4 yrs from first purchase, my dog w/dirty paws jumped on a white sofa and also ripped a very small woven thread w/his toenail. This happened mid Sept and a claim was submitted at the time to have the sofa cleaned and the thread repaired. It is now Dec and the sofa is still not cleaned nor is the thread repaired.

IMO based on my experience they have NO cust svc standards, no established policies on processing claims or they just randomly make things up to further stall and avoid processing a claim.

I feel as though their strategic plan is to make it so difficult, time consuming and frustrating to get through the claims process that you eventually give up and they have averted another claim.

At this point I did give up and will have the sofa cleaned myself. The retailer and salesperson has also lost a loyal customer permanently bc they chose to align themselves w/this type of company.

User's recommendation: If you are the unfortunate purchaser of their protection plan and submit a claim. Document every single interaction and every hoop they make you jump through. Maybe 1 day a class action lawsuit will force them to change their policies and procedures or even better will put them out of business.

Dan S Upy

| map-marker Huntington Beach, California

Denied coverage

Denied my coverage because I did not report damage within 5 days. This is how they make their money, Denying coverage due to a small print technicality.

User's recommendation: Do not purchase. You are throwing your money away.

About