We purchased the 5 year Gold Plan on our table and chairs.Our first dinner caused steam marks from all four plates.

A technician came out and said it should be sent out to be resurfaced. Guardsman said we could get money back or a new table. We chose a new table. The Gold Plan does not transfer to the new table.

Our policy is for 5 years or a one-time claim, whichever comes first. They won't resurface the old table as they only do spot repairs. I asked where the policy states any of this and the rep became very snarky and would not answer me. I was told I could purchase a new 5 year plan on the new table for 150.00!

What a rip off. It sounds like bait and switch to me. Under the wood section of my policy it states that steam marks are covered. It does not say "unless the spot is too big".

Guardsman is just ripping people off and they are not honoring the policy in front of me that says this should be covered. And it certainly doesn't tell you that you can only ever file a claim one time. Why would I spent 249.99 on protection for a possible future damage that might cost less for me to have repaired on my own?

Straight up, do not bother purchasing the protection plan.It's a rip off and Guardsman should be ashamed.

Review about: Guardsman Gold Furniture Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Very dissatisfied.

I didn't like: Rude customer service woman, Poor protection policy, Disrespectful representative.

Had an Experience with Guardsman?

Comments

Royersford, Pennsylvania, United States #1294557

Steam marks are covered. They offered to replace your table.

THEN in policy it states replacement of parts or products limits the coverage on the part or product. How many tables should they replace for you?