I was sold a leather living room set back in 2009 with the 5 yr guardsman contract.3 years after the sale, I found out it was bonded leather because it began to separate.

Related: GUARDSMAN RIPOFF

I called both Bob's and the Guardsman protection plan number. I was told "had I caused a rip with a screwdriver, it may be covered but not the de bonding". No matter what I said, they repeated the first answer as if they wanted me to say that.

What a waste of money for furniture and the protection plan...Never purchase anything that contains bonded leather, and read the fine print on all protection plans you buy.

Review about: Poor Quality.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Guardsman Protection Plan
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $1200
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Guardsman?

Comments

happy
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia #883828

i think you should go back to the shop you got it from, its there fault for not explaining the garenty properly and in full.our shop did and maid it quite clear that it would only cover accidents.

the shop is also at fault for not telling you it was bonded leather and that separation could happen. i have just had a repair to my leather softer under the same guardsman warranty were i very stupidly sprayed shoe die on to it. and they did a spectacular job, totally undetectable color match. so much so i cant stop looking at it its as if it never happened.

i am in Adelaide so i cant vouch for the workmanship in other places but the Adelaide guys are really!

really!good.

anon
Chicago, Illinois, United States #775034

a) real leather does not separate/peel/crack b) bobs is the absolute worst furniture store right next to ashleys

anon
Brooklyn, New York, United States #723050

There is no fine print in the guardsman plan.if you read through it it is very clear.guardsman doesn't make the furniture. I have used my plan several times with no problems.

to anon Dallas, Texas, United States #771683

LOL!Their whole brochure is fine print.

Didn't even receive mine until furniture delivered 8 days after purchase. Contradicted the single information sheet provided by sales lady. Stay away for Guardsman. Over 750 BBB complaints.

They can't all be wrong.

Stay away from any furniture store such as Haverty's and Lazy Boy that would lack the integrity to sale such a piece of ***.