Manchester, New Hampshire

We purchased an expensive chair less than 5 years ago from ETHAN ALLEN.They encouraged us to purchase the GUARDSMAN WARRANTY that would enable us to get any stains removed during the first 5 years.

Related: Guardsman - Worthless 5 years Protection,,,,, Waste of money

Recently, I contacted GUARDSMAN - a lengthy process of almost 30 days - and requested a cleaning for spots. Because I had mistakenly put down the date range since our last cleaning, they said I had NOT notified them within 5 days of the spotting. (Never mind that they take almost a month to process the request). Because of that, despite a phone call to explain that I DID notify them within 5 days of spotting, they said they WOULD NOT come out and clean the furniture.

They said that because I signed off that the information provided was accurate, that I opted out because of the date I put down. Basically, THEY ARE WEASELING OUT OF THEIR GUARANTEE TO CLEAN THE CHAIR DURING THE COVERED PERIOD OF TIME, KNOWING THAT IF THEY WAIT JUST A BIT LONGER, MY COVERAGE WILL EXPIRE!

DISGRACEFUL!!!!!NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE THIS COVERAGE FOR MY FURNITURE!!!!

Review about: Guardsman Gold Furniture Protection Plan.

I didn't like: Warranty is too complicated and misleading, Denied claim based on semantics, Warranty is a scam, Warranty is very limited.

1.2
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Guardsman Protection Plan
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Warranty issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Guardsman?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.