I purchased a leather sofa set from Hurwitz Mintz in New Orleans in 2014. In 2016, I noticed that the leather was peeling on the love seat.

I contacted Guardsman regarding the repairs. They NEVER responded to my written correspondence. After 4 months, I called and spoke to a representative that told me that my furniture was not covered... they would only cover it if it has been "intentional" damage (???) GUARDSMAN is a horrible company, I'm sure they're a profitable company because they are consistently STEALING the consumers' money with their bogus claims of selling insurance so that your quality furniture is covered.

I feel that there should be laws in place to prevent such dishonest representation from Guardsman...

additionally, I feel that the companies offering the protection place should bear some of the responsibility. Why sell a product that you obviously know is worthless (once it's paid for).

Product or Service Mentioned: Guardsman Claim.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

ASHLEYS, KANES, HAVERTYS, HUDSONS, BAERS sells the Rip Off Guardsman protection plans but will not stand by their customers when Guardsman refuses to fix or replace the item. Lousy repair job by Guardsman repairman.

The repair guy was from a temporary employment agency and did not know what he was doing. He used color markers attempting to fix our dresser and made it worse. Do not purchase this Rip Off Protection Plan! Buyer Beware !

Our salesperson begged us to purchase the plan telling us they are written up if they don't sell it on a percentage of people buying furniture.

What company would punish an employee for not selling this Rip Off Plan? Shame !

Guardsman Reviews