I have filed 2 claims successfully with Guardsman, even though it took a couple of months to process the paperwork they require and wait for them to decide to send someone out.I recently reported that a wooden support board on my rocker/recliner had broken and the chair would not stay folded.
They declined it stating "the required reporting timeframe for the stain or damage has not been met under the terms of the protection plan." I made a phone call to get clarification. I left voice mail on a message center that said I would receive a return call within 48 hours. No call. So I called again.
I finally talked to Patrick, 800-253-3957 x 2765, who was the original voice mail I left my message on. He was very courteous, but adamant about the time frame of my reporting the claim. He said it had to be reported within 5 days. If I had known that I would have put the date on the report as the day I called!
(I hate to lie, but if it is to protect myself from dishonest people/companies I will) I told him I would not have been able to call within that 5 day time frame because I had gone out of town. And that the time frame was ***! (I also never swear!)So I am left with a broken chair! I will be calling Jerome's Furniture and informing them of the problems I am having.
Guardsman is a pain to work with.
I will never get a warranty on furniture again....until I research other people's results online!These companies have not realized yet that the internet will be their downfall as more and more customers turn to it to find out the treatment other customers have had.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "The "10 year warranty" is a load of BS. After a month, the seam in my pillow opened up and the fill started to spill out. I called the company..."
- "We recently bought a floor model Liberty Sectional from Furniture Row after watching it for several months. It finally went on sale and we went to the store only to..."
- "Let me start by saying that I really like Modloft design and price points. I was very excited to order and receive the product, however as the previous customer stated,..."
- "Gamecoupon.org has players who are experts in playing the game and who keep winning the currency. They keep collecting the currency and then transfer it to the account of their..."
- "Big man Lane recliner, went to recline and spring busted flew across room and just missed my flat screen, & my big window. WG&R where I bought it will not..."
- "Lustine has failed to disclose to their female customers that they hired a violent registered sex offender as a car salesman. I reconzied Philip Roberts due to a mugshot and..."
- "In June of 2016 I purchased a 2015 Nissan Altima from Enterprise car sales in Longbeach, ca. A few weeks later I noticed a smokey mist coming out the cent..."
- "Back on Saturday, April 30th, 2016, I used my American Express Credit Card to pay my contractor $20,000.00 for a job that has Not Been Finished! The way that I paid..."
- "I been a recent victim of credit card fraud for the following charges on the following dates: GOLD CARD FRAUD 23005: APRIL 29TH, 2016: $20,000.00 CASE NUMBER: QA62458 APRIL 24TH,..."