I have filed 2 claims successfully with Guardsman, even though it took a couple of months to process the paperwork they require and wait for them to decide to send someone out.I recently reported that a wooden support board on my rocker/recliner had broken and the chair would not stay folded.

They declined it stating "the required reporting timeframe for the stain or damage has not been met under the terms of the protection plan." I made a phone call to get clarification. I left voice mail on a message center that said I would receive a return call within 48 hours. No call. So I called again.

I finally talked to Patrick, 800-253-3957 x 2765, who was the original voice mail I left my message on. He was very courteous, but adamant about the time frame of my reporting the claim. He said it had to be reported within 5 days. If I had known that I would have put the date on the report as the day I called!

(I hate to lie, but if it is to protect myself from dishonest people/companies I will) I told him I would not have been able to call within that 5 day time frame because I had gone out of town. And that the time frame was ***! (I also never swear!)So I am left with a broken chair! I will be calling Jerome's Furniture and informing them of the problems I am having.

Guardsman is a pain to work with.

I will never get a warranty on furniture again....until I research other people's results online!These companies have not realized yet that the internet will be their downfall as more and more customers turn to it to find out the treatment other customers have had.

Review about: Guardsman Protection Plan.

Had an Experience with Guardsman?

Comments