I have filed 2 claims successfully with Guardsman, even though it took a couple of months to process the paperwork they require and wait for them to decide to send someone out.I recently reported that a wooden support board on my rocker/recliner had broken and the chair would not stay folded.
They declined it stating "the required reporting timeframe for the stain or damage has not been met under the terms of the protection plan." I made a phone call to get clarification. I left voice mail on a message center that said I would receive a return call within 48 hours. No call. So I called again.
I finally talked to Patrick, 800-253-3957 x 2765, who was the original voice mail I left my message on. He was very courteous, but adamant about the time frame of my reporting the claim. He said it had to be reported within 5 days. If I had known that I would have put the date on the report as the day I called!
(I hate to lie, but if it is to protect myself from dishonest people/companies I will) I told him I would not have been able to call within that 5 day time frame because I had gone out of town. And that the time frame was ***! (I also never swear!)So I am left with a broken chair! I will be calling Jerome's Furniture and informing them of the problems I am having.
Guardsman is a pain to work with.
I will never get a warranty on furniture again....until I research other people's results online!These companies have not realized yet that the internet will be their downfall as more and more customers turn to it to find out the treatment other customers have had.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I was able to remove a stain with their product, but their product left a big ring and now they refuse to fix it. Don't ever pay extra for..."
- "Please do not get a warranty, it covers nothing. I called last year got denied, called this year got denied from a different incident with my leather couch. Ashley Furniture..."
- "It started off on a good note whereby I spoke with Michele La Flesch, the Executive Project Manager/Showroom Manager (Michele.Laflesch@ClosetFactory.com) (Office Phone: 310-516-7500 x240 & Cellular Phone: 310-404-8225)..."
- "Stove Range Model #FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe's December 2005. Used the broiler for the very first time on May 9, 2010 and the stove caught on fire - insulation..."
- "Automobile Club Of Southern California is a Fraud! Do Not Do Business With Them! I did sign up for their Services, however, since I did Not need their Services after all since..."
- "I started with Hair Club on November 1st 2014 and I was so excited and here it is 7 months later and I am so disappointed I'm unhappy, frustrated..."
- "I purchased a Natuzzi sectional at Macy's 7 months ago. Within about 4 months the cushions started collapsing and the leather wrinkling. Where the recliner lays back it began rubbing..."
- " HP PC's - Urgent - DO NOT BUY - Rubbish After Sales. So the story is, HP agree to pick up my PC for repair when the PC has..."
- "I searched the web for best price on 32oz Minwax Spar Urethane. Found it advertised as sold by and shipped by Supply The Home. There was a price of less..."