I have filed 2 claims successfully with Guardsman, even though it took a couple of months to process the paperwork they require and wait for them to decide to send someone out.I recently reported that a wooden support board on my rocker/recliner had broken and the chair would not stay folded.
They declined it stating "the required reporting timeframe for the stain or damage has not been met under the terms of the protection plan." I made a phone call to get clarification. I left voice mail on a message center that said I would receive a return call within 48 hours. No call. So I called again.
I finally talked to Patrick, 800-253-3957 x 2765, who was the original voice mail I left my message on. He was very courteous, but adamant about the time frame of my reporting the claim. He said it had to be reported within 5 days. If I had known that I would have put the date on the report as the day I called!
(I hate to lie, but if it is to protect myself from dishonest people/companies I will) I told him I would not have been able to call within that 5 day time frame because I had gone out of town. And that the time frame was ***! (I also never swear!)So I am left with a broken chair! I will be calling Jerome's Furniture and informing them of the problems I am having.
Guardsman is a pain to work with.
I will never get a warranty on furniture again....until I research other people's results online!These companies have not realized yet that the internet will be their downfall as more and more customers turn to it to find out the treatment other customers have had.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I purchased two chairs from Ashley furniture less than three years ago and purchased the guardsman five year protection for each chair. I submitted a claim for tears in both..."
- "Was told they do not cover lrevous repairs they made padt thirty days. Was also denied because a year in my couch "looked" like it had been there for a..."
- "We purchased an expensive chair less than 5 years ago from ETHAN ALLEN. They encouraged us to purchase the GUARDSMAN WARRANTY that would enable us to get any stains..."
- "Stove Range Model #FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe's December 2005. Used the broiler for the very first time on May 9, 2010 and the stove caught on fire - insulation..."
- "I was a legitimate member of LinkedIn with a profile for several years, however, during the past year of 2015, they have Illegally, Purposely and Deliberately Blocked My Account with..."
- "Well well. My shaadi id is SH42277392 and Everyone needs to read what happened to me. Joined this *** website shaadi.com hoping to find a wife. Submitted a photo id..."
- "I am dis-satisfied with my service at this the Tyler Texas Regis salon. My reasons are; Mind you. It was my birthday gift (to myself)-When I called the salon to..."
- "Be very, very, very cautious of dealing with this company. I will not ever do business with them again. I have been trying to get them to replace a coil..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."