Guardsman Guarding my Purchase or their Bank Account?

Update added by user Sep 24

I just received an email from Guardsman updating me on the status of the leg that fell off the ottoman (in the above picture).Apparently, they say that is "not covered" under their Gold ("most comprehensive") plan.

the LEG can fall off a piece of furniture less than a month old and it is NOT covered?What then, IS covered??

Original review posted by user Sep 22

I submitted 3 related claims online. It has been 3 weeks and my new furniture is missing a LEG. I have confirmed by phone Guardsman is processing these but they have no estimated service date and the only thing I received in reply was an automated email. I expect quicker response on service. This is disgraceful.

I have used the Customer ID# given to me by Guardsman and my zip code to check the claim status online and the reply I receive is the numbers are not valid. When I used their "contact us" form by email and hit "submit" I got an auto response that their email server was not valid.

When I questioned the customer service rep during my call on the response time I was told "there was the holiday" (LABOR DAY, ONE DAY) and also "We have thousands of claims"... uh... YEA, that's because this is the BUSINESS YOU ARE IN. You take our money and promise you will warranty our purchases. You were not given money so you could bank it and never see the customer again.

The SLOWNESS of reply, the inability to check my claim online, the broken "contact us" link... all are certainly making me question not just the level of professionalism but the integrity of this company.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Bad customer service
    • Delay tactics- slow response time

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Product or service
Guardsman Gold Furniture Protection Plan
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #923530 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Guardsman? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.