Guardsman Guarding my Purchase or their Bank Account?
Update added by user Sep 24, 2016
I just received an email from Guardsman updating me on the status of the leg that fell off the ottoman (in the above picture).Apparently, they say that is "not covered" under their Gold ("most comprehensive") plan.
the LEG can fall off a piece of furniture less than a month old and it is NOT covered?What then, IS covered??
Original review posted by user Sep 22, 2016
I submitted 3 related claims online. It has been 3 weeks and my new furniture is missing a LEG. I have confirmed by phone Guardsman is processing these but they have no estimated service date and the only thing I received in reply was an automated email. I expect quicker response on service. This is disgraceful.
I have used the Customer ID# given to me by Guardsman and my zip code to check the claim status online and the reply I receive is the numbers are not valid. When I used their "contact us" form by email and hit "submit" I got an auto response that their email server was not valid.
When I questioned the customer service rep during my call on the response time I was told "there was the holiday" (LABOR DAY, ONE DAY) and also "We have thousands of claims"... uh... YEA, that's because this is the BUSINESS YOU ARE IN. You take our money and promise you will warranty our purchases. You were not given money so you could bank it and never see the customer again.
The SLOWNESS of reply, the inability to check my claim online, the broken "contact us" link... all are certainly making me question not just the level of professionalism but the integrity of this company.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bad customer service
- Delay tactics- slow response time
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "We purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture,Springdale, OH in November 2008. I have paid around $1000 for these.It has not been 3 years since our purchase..."
- " Upon purchasing the 2 for 1 product, king size, I noticed an obvious difference in the amount of filling in both pillows. I opted..."
- "All three half-time announcers on CBS just pronounced our State name, and that of the University of Nevada, incorrectly! Why do the live game announcers correctly pronounce the University of..."
- "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THE COMPANY THEY HAVE THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT IS OUT THERE. THEY GET YOUR MONEY AND THEN TURN A CHEEK TO YOU...."
- "Big man Lane recliner, went to recline and spring busted flew across room and just missed my flat screen, & my big window. WG&R where I bought it will not..."
- "Run, DON’T Walk from Lorenzo Bomnin Chevrolet! I Personally CAN NOT stress enough for you to stay away from this dishonest dealership! I have purchased at least 8-10 vehicles directly off the..."
- "We as a family went to see Peter Pan at Milburn park last night. To avoid traffic we parked at the Domino's Pizza in a shopping center behind the park...."
- "I recently purchased a Buccaneers coffe mug and hoodie for my boyfriend for Christmas. Initially I did have mixed feelings about my purchase because after I submitted my order I..."