Update added by user Sep 24
I just received an email from Guardsman updating me on the status of the leg that fell off the ottoman (in the above picture).Apparently, they say that is "not covered" under their Gold ("most comprehensive") plan.
the LEG can fall off a piece of furniture less than a month old and it is NOT covered?What then, IS covered??
Original review posted by user Sep 22
I submitted 3 related claims online. It has been 3 weeks and my new furniture is missing a LEG. I have confirmed by phone Guardsman is processing these but they have no estimated service date and the only thing I received in reply was an automated email. I expect quicker response on service. This is disgraceful.
I have used the Customer ID# given to me by Guardsman and my zip code to check the claim status online and the reply I receive is the numbers are not valid. When I used their "contact us" form by email and hit "submit" I got an auto response that their email server was not valid.
When I questioned the customer service rep during my call on the response time I was told "there was the holiday" (LABOR DAY, ONE DAY) and also "We have thousands of claims"... uh... YEA, that's because this is the BUSINESS YOU ARE IN. You take our money and promise you will warranty our purchases. You were not given money so you could bank it and never see the customer again.
The SLOWNESS of reply, the inability to check my claim online, the broken "contact us" link... all are certainly making me question not just the level of professionalism but the integrity of this company.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bad customer service
- Delay tactics- slow response time
You May Also Like
- "We purchased leather furniture 4 years ago, purchased the guardsman protection plan, recently discovered cracks in the back of our reclining love seat, they said it was normal wear and..."
- "Let me start by saying that I really like Modloft design and price points. I was very excited to order and receive the product, however as the previous customer stated,..."
- "We recently bought a floor model Liberty Sectional from Furniture Row after watching it for several months. It finally went on sale and we went to the store only to..."
- "I recently purchased a Buccaneers coffe mug and hoodie for my boyfriend for Christmas. Initially I did have mixed feelings about my purchase because after I submitted my order I..."
- "Run, DON’T Walk from Lorenzo Bomnin Chevrolet! I Personally CAN NOT stress enough for you to stay away from this dishonest dealership! I have purchased at least 8-10 vehicles directly off the..."
- "We purchased what we thought was a high quality leather sectional $4000! After receiving the couch we discovered that the leather stain was actually a "water based" spray stain! It..."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."
- "Soy consumidor de tecnología , y los productos son como en la descripción de la página web se indica. Llegan los productos en un paquete bien protegidos, y los..."
- "Took my little girl to Claire's today. We walk into the store and a sales person made sure to tell us the entire store was buy 3 get 3 for..."