Guardsman Guarding my Purchase or their Bank Account?
Update added by user Sep 24
I just received an email from Guardsman updating me on the status of the leg that fell off the ottoman (in the above picture).Apparently, they say that is "not covered" under their Gold ("most comprehensive") plan.
the LEG can fall off a piece of furniture less than a month old and it is NOT covered?What then, IS covered??
Original review posted by user Sep 22
I submitted 3 related claims online. It has been 3 weeks and my new furniture is missing a LEG. I have confirmed by phone Guardsman is processing these but they have no estimated service date and the only thing I received in reply was an automated email. I expect quicker response on service. This is disgraceful.
I have used the Customer ID# given to me by Guardsman and my zip code to check the claim status online and the reply I receive is the numbers are not valid. When I used their "contact us" form by email and hit "submit" I got an auto response that their email server was not valid.
When I questioned the customer service rep during my call on the response time I was told "there was the holiday" (LABOR DAY, ONE DAY) and also "We have thousands of claims"... uh... YEA, that's because this is the BUSINESS YOU ARE IN. You take our money and promise you will warranty our purchases. You were not given money so you could bank it and never see the customer again.
The SLOWNESS of reply, the inability to check my claim online, the broken "contact us" link... all are certainly making me question not just the level of professionalism but the integrity of this company.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bad customer service
- Delay tactics- slow response time
You May Also Like
- "The "10 year warranty" is a load of BS. After a month, the seam in my pillow opened up and the fill started to spill out. I called the company..."
- "I was sold a leather living room set back in 2009 with the 5 yr guardsman contract. 3 years after the sale, I found out it was bonded leather..."
- "I spent over $4000 on the second most expensive tempurpedic mattress in the store. When we got the mattress, we noticed it has several old, dirty stains. They mattress did..."
- "The vertical trim was not properly installed (see pict.). While still under warranty we submitted a claim. Ryland would not honor it. As a result the mortar is falling off..."
- "I recently purchased a Buccaneers coffe mug and hoodie for my boyfriend for Christmas. Initially I did have mixed feelings about my purchase because after I submitted my order I..."
- "We purchased what we thought was a high quality leather sectional $4000! After receiving the couch we discovered that the leather stain was actually a "water based" spray stain! It..."
- "I been smoking your brand for years and I'm seriously thinking about changing brands due to the poor quality I am now getting. Your cigarettes are now much less packed..."
- "I purchased the veggie lovers bag salad from my local grocery store in Maryland and have been slowly consuming it over the last 3 days. Today at lunch I found..."
- "PRISTINE, Megan Stotts was fully oriented on required painting 7 rooms w/connecting hallways, Stotts agreed to do the entire job for $3500, with a starting date of 12 November,2016. A..."