1.3K views

Do not fall for the sales pitch to buy the Guardsman Furniture Plan.They do NOT cover damages.

First, must call and submit claim over phone, then form mailed to home to complete, then mail back to Guardsman. This took several weeks. Then claim denied because of "unknown" type stain. Guardsman list every stain known to man, to get you to ***, however I was not exactly sure what had stained my furniture.

I was honest and got denied coverage. Do not cover "unknown" stains. Also made mistake and put incorrect date, but since I signed form, that was too bad.

Felt like I was in court.DO NOT BUY THIS SERVICE..

Review about: Guardsman Protection Plan.

Had an Experience with Guardsman?

Comments

Please do not do any business with this company.They are a complete rip off!

I am in utter disbelief. They told me that I can not be helped and when I asked for a manager he was just as bad as the rep. I paid my hard earned money for this, and they just took it and in return I get nothing.

Looks like strong arm robbery to me.Please, don't cheat yourself.

I have been denied on 2 seperate claims to Guardsman.One was because I put the correct date down and they said it had been to long to file claim???!!

That claim was for a 1,500 love seat sagging.

The second claim I still have know clue as to why I was denied.This claim was for the same love seat this time the cardboard that holds the arms firm had caved in and of course denied!

Dallas, Texas, United States #808352

I submitted a service request for cracking and peeling on seams of a leather sofa bought from havertys.

Gaurdsman denied it because its part of wear and tear.Its only 2 years now.

There was a one inch straight cut in a back rest soft between two seats (mostly hidden) and my kids jumped/stand on sofa caused it to rip in the middle of vynl portion and they consider it as wear and tear.

How the heck it will be a wear and tear where no one touches based on regular use.

I strongly believe that it got ripped because one of the kids standing on it.But they say its wear and tear.

I am going to BBB now.

Reading, Massachusetts, United States #770389

Well dealing with the same as all of the above/below.Claim denied.

Unbelievable. Did I get a chance to review the policy prior to purchase? NO. Did the furniture store tell me that my "leather couch" was leather?

YES. Was it? NO -- it was synthetic underneath. Bait and switch.

I am taking legal action against all of them, and reporting insurance FRAUD to the PA Dept of Insurance for an investigation.They are messing with the wrong girl.

Santa Rosa, California, United States #751916

same here... I will never buy furniture warranty again.

Nashua, New Hampshire, United States #748202

They are TERRIBLE and are ripping off consumers! Denied claims that they KNOW THEY SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE for honoring. Join class action suit against them!

My experience with them has been absolutely miserable.Avoid at all costs.

If you are unlucky enough to have already purchased a plan, I suggest contacting the company you bought the furniture from.Belfort Furniture has been helpful in trying to make up for the miserable service provided by Guardsman.

to Melissa Baltimore, Maryland, United States #742086

Same for Haverty's. They have picked up the slack where Guardsman let us all down.

Eatontown, New Jersey, United States #688042

I agree they suck ...also in really small print they don't cover bonded leather. I shouldn't have even offered this plan since I bought leather bonded couch

DO NOT PURCHASE THE PROTECTION PLAN FROM GUARDSMAN FURNITURE.

I do not know how these people sleep at night.

I can't even go into the ridiculous turmoil I have gone though with this company. I have wasted $99.50 and the price ($1.29.) to mail a manila envelope of my information to file the claim.

THERE IS A REASON THERE ARE 700 COMPLAINTS TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU (BBB) ON GUARDSMAN FURNITURE, 449 OF WHICH ARE WARRANTY RELATED.

Looks like I get #450! HOORAY!!

The terminology in their brochure is misleading. They say they cover "rips, tears, cuts" but very clearly in another section they do NOT claim "rips, tears, cuts". ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

DO NOT PURCHASE THE PROTECTION PLAN FROM GUARDSMAN FURNITURE.

If this review helps someone, then my $100 rip-off was not in vain.