Dublin, Ohio

I purchased a sofa, love seat, recliner and the Guardsman Furniture plan from Ashley Furniture in Ontario, Ohio in May of 2013.My sofa cushion got 2 small tears in the middle cushion, 1 about a half or more from the seam and 1 near the middle front clearly away from any seam.

Related: Guardsman - Worthless contract

I submitted a claim with photos and all the required paperwork and even had a service tech come and take pictures. I was just told that the tears were not covered. I read the information that I was given on what was and wasn't covered prior to submitting my claim only to have it denied! The plan clearly stated that the rips in the fabric were covered when due to a specific incident.

This protection plan covers NOTHING! It is the biggest rip off on the market today! I have filed a complaint with the BBB and the Ohio Attorney Generals Office. If there is anyone filing a lawsuit against this corrupt company please contact me so I can join as well.

I have detailed records of my purchase and each time I have contacted Guardsman.If Guardsman isn't going cover anything then refund my money!

Review about: Guardsman Furniture Protection Plan.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Guardsman?

Comments

The tear looks to be from some sort of a puncture to the leather.

A sharp object, perhaps an animal's nail/claw?

By the looks of the curled leather on either side of the actual rip/tear. It appears to have been there awhile.

Not to mention the sofa was purchased in 2013.I doubt the manufacture, Ashley furniture or Guardsman either stated, offered or expressed in writing that the sofa was covered by a life time warranty.