Guardsman - Guardian refuses to fix or replace covered item.
Update added by user May 13
They send a guy out.With some red and black paint.
We have a burgundy sofa. He just kept putting primary red and black together, even though my husband told him he needed some blue. this guy had no idea what he was doing, he refused to even touch the larger of the stains, so he "fixed" a tiny white dot by ruining the entire armpiece. Its All red/black/orange/splotchy.
Its shiny though. He did buff the one arm rest. He did do that. So,.......He left my husband some paint (red and black) and told him he could do it himself.
Anyone with any king of knowledge of working with leather should have been able to match that perfectly. The first time. This guy had no idea what he was doing. He wasnt a "serviceman" just a russian guy stopping by to ruin our sofa.
He was probably just someone's brother in law who lives in our area.It is way worse than the stain originally was.
Original review posted by user Apr 08
We bought a sofa and bought the Guardsman package for our leather sofa.In January of 16 we put in an incident report about a stain on our sofa.
Stains are specifically covered under our contract. We were told that we would get a call and have a serviceman come out to see if it is repairable. No one ever called. We kept calling and calling and the other day we got a note saying we were declined.
When I called to tell them we are, in fact covered for stains, the "supervisor" told me that since it wasnt worded correctly in the original claim, it was denied. No where in our contract does it tell you the specific wording you must use when making a claim. We were told they would listen to the "transcripts" When you get on there they say the call may be monitored for customer service reps or something. They DID NOT in any way, say I was being recorded so they could use the recording against me in a claim.
How is that legal? Dont they have to specifically tell you if they're going to tape you and you better get it right the first time? I was also told by the "supervisor" That if we try to put in another claim it will automatically be denied. They wont even consider it.
I am insured until August. To say they're not going to cover ANYTHING that may happen between now and August means they're stealing 5 months of coverage from me. I paid until August, and they are saying I am cut off now. They're not covering this, and they're not covering anything else that happens in the future.
What kind of nonsense is that? That seems illegal. They cant just steal time from you for making a claim. No where in the contract does it say that.
I know if they cover it, then your ship outta luck if something else happens. But they're doing neither. How so they get away with this? Are there no laws to protect the consumers?
Im also attaching a photo of the sofa itself. Does it look likes it's been abused? Does it look like we keep it out on the lawn or something? No, its very well taken care of.
I cannot believe they keep getting away with this.Please help me if you can.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I would never buy an insurance from themThey denied a real claim, is a shame!See pictures for yourself..."
- "We have had Jeromes service person to our house three times to look at our sectional because the vinyl fabric started wearing through in the first three months. Each time,..."
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "I ordered the LOTS OF LOVE bouquet for my wife and received an order of dried up wilted garbage. This order looked NOTHING like the flower on their website. The..."
- "We just opened our fire and water proof safe from Sentry for the first time in over 2 years. We had a sizeable amount of cash in there, from many..."
- "DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE. THEY ARE IMMORAL, UNETHICAL, AND WILL RIP YOU OFF. MY ISSUES HAVE BEEN GOING ON SINCE LAST FEB. PURCHASED A FORREST RIVER 3800..."
- "Do not buy from this company. I bought items on Oct 11th for my daughters birthday and I still have not received them.I have sent numerous emails and all I..."
- "my break time po ba guadalupe branch? akala ko po 24hrs? ang explain ng guard ngayon lang na cut off resume daw ng 12:30Am pero andun nmn ang teller sa..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."