Guardsman - Guardian refuses to fix or replace covered item.

Update added by user May 13

They send a guy out.With some red and black paint.

We have a burgundy sofa. He just kept putting primary red and black together, even though my husband told him he needed some blue. this guy had no idea what he was doing, he refused to even touch the larger of the stains, so he "fixed" a tiny white dot by ruining the entire armpiece. Its All red/black/orange/splotchy.

Its shiny though. He did buff the one arm rest. He did do that. So,.......He left my husband some paint (red and black) and told him he could do it himself.

Anyone with any king of knowledge of working with leather should have been able to match that perfectly. The first time. This guy had no idea what he was doing. He wasnt a "serviceman" just a russian guy stopping by to ruin our sofa.

He was probably just someone's brother in law who lives in our area.It is way worse than the stain originally was.

Original review posted by user Apr 08

We bought a sofa and bought the Guardsman package for our leather sofa.In January of 16 we put in an incident report about a stain on our sofa.

Stains are specifically covered under our contract. We were told that we would get a call and have a serviceman come out to see if it is repairable. No one ever called. We kept calling and calling and the other day we got a note saying we were declined.

When I called to tell them we are, in fact covered for stains, the "supervisor" told me that since it wasnt worded correctly in the original claim, it was denied. No where in our contract does it tell you the specific wording you must use when making a claim. We were told they would listen to the "transcripts" When you get on there they say the call may be monitored for customer service reps or something. They DID NOT in any way, say I was being recorded so they could use the recording against me in a claim.

How is that legal? Dont they have to specifically tell you if they're going to tape you and you better get it right the first time? I was also told by the "supervisor" That if we try to put in another claim it will automatically be denied. They wont even consider it.

I am insured until August. To say they're not going to cover ANYTHING that may happen between now and August means they're stealing 5 months of coverage from me. I paid until August, and they are saying I am cut off now. They're not covering this, and they're not covering anything else that happens in the future.

What kind of nonsense is that? That seems illegal. They cant just steal time from you for making a claim. No where in the contract does it say that.

I know if they cover it, then your ship outta luck if something else happens. But they're doing neither. How so they get away with this? Are there no laws to protect the consumers?

Im also attaching a photo of the sofa itself. Does it look likes it's been abused? Does it look like we keep it out on the lawn or something? No, its very well taken care of.

I cannot believe they keep getting away with this.Please help me if you can.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

5 Year Protection Plan
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #826248 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Guardsman? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Guardsman. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Guardsman.
Filing a new complaint about