Verified Reviewer

Our experience is horrible. We bought furniture from Ethan Allen in Austin, Texas.

They recommend buying the insurance because we had kids and it's was 20% of the total amount. A lot of money. We though "Peace of Mind", but I didn't do my homework like I usually do. We called the first time and after spending days to get all the paperwork (it looks like filing a complaint is hard by design) a guy with a very young daughter arrived with a bag of tools.

They spent the entire morning basically using markers. When they finished all the issues were not resolved. Since we were moving to Miami, we decided to try Guardsman in Florida hoping for somebody more professional. Now they don't want to even look at the claim we open because somebody already came but they weren't Guardsman, but a partner company.

There was a fine print in the contract that states that if somebody else is coming, we're not protected for further claims. But we originally called Guardsman to fix the problem, how can I know they use a partner? And why should it be my problem? Right now we spent thousands of dollars and countless hours on this fake warranty that is worthless.

It's a pure fraud. I can't understand how this scam can be legal and supported by companies like Ethan Allen. I've checked online and the web is full of horrors storied about them.

Stay away from them. Don't waste your money.

User's recommendation: Stay away.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Guardsman Cons: Did not honor the service i purchased, Lack of communication, Rude and unrealistic time requirements, Denied claim based on semantics, Warranty is too complicated and misleading.

Comments

#2054236

"I didn't do my homework"... End of story

Guardsman Reviews