Style and Design

I was stalled and couldn't get info from them on how to file and my warranty number.After about a month of phoning, emailing them and the retailer I purchased it from - overstock.com.

One of the reason I was denied is for not filing in their allowed time limit?! - What?! They wouldn't give me the answers until the time limit ran out. SCAM!!

Also I now notice in the fine print that the state: Basically if they cannot repair the damage for less than what you purchased the claim for they state they will give you back the money for the warranty. WELL WHY BUY THE WARRANTY TO BEGIN WITH? It's like insurance and when you go to use it, they won't fix it, they just give you your money back!!!! What if car, household, health insurance worked the same way.

We wouldn't get our house rebuild after a fire, the insurance company will just give you that year's insurance premium back! That is not what warranties and insurance is suppose to do...if so why buy it!? This has to be illegal and I plan on reporting them to every consumer protection bureau I can find. They will tell you the world to get you to purchase this warranty but then they actually state this in their own words at https://help.overstock.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1595 How does the 5 Year Accidental Damage Service Plan work?

◦Guardsman, who services our 5 year accidental damage service plans for furniture, may provide a cleaning kit or advice on how to remove the stain.

◦Guardsman may dispatch an authorized technician to remove the stain or repair the damaged area.◦If the authorized technician cannot remove the stain or repair the damaged area, you will be given a refund of the original purchase price of the Protection Plan and the Protection Plan terminates.

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to have the product delivered as the author lost $1000. jodykman is overall dissatisfied with Guardsman. The most disappointing about guardsman warranty purchased at overstock com at Guardsman was did not honor the service contract Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Guardsman.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Guardsman to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Guardsman?

Comments