1) I purchased the Gold Complete policy in 2016 when I purchased by Bassett sectional sofa. I am single, have no children and take very good care of my furniture, but a seam separated recently on one of my cushions, so I filed a claim for a seam separation.
2) Guardsman sent out a technician who led me to believe the seam separation would be covered
3) I received a short email from Guardsman telling me my claim was denied
4) I called to ask that they review the claim again, and was told the decision was final
5) I asked if I could appeal the decision
6) they gave me the address where legal notices should be sent so apparently they frequently have people complain and they refer them to their legal department in a split second
I will never purchase a protection plan from Guardsman ever again. In my opinion, it's a rip off!
Product or Service Mentioned: Guardsman Gold Complete Protection Plan.
Reason of review: Poor customer service.
Monetary Loss: $199.
Preferred solution: Cover the repair of the seam separation.
Guardsman Cons: Did not honor warranty.