Featured Not resolved

Two years ago I purchased Guardsman 5 year Protection Plan through Ashley Furniture for my furniture. Just recently my 3 year old son scribbled with a ink pen on the cushions of my accent chair.

Guardsman reported that the damage was ineligible for service because the ink pen damage was too extensive to clean. What is the point of purchasing a protection plan at all even if minor or major damage if they won't come out and service you. I paid for Guardsman thinking over a 5 year period if any damages occurred to my furniture they would come out and service me as a paying customer. They're a RIP OFF company!

What if there was burn marks or a whole bottle of nail polish was dumped all over.

Is it too extensive. Don't purchase their protection plan!

Review about: Guardsman Claim.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Warranty is very limited, Warranty misleading.

Comments

Havertys also sells this Guardsman Insurance protection scamming customers. We never buy the Guardsman insurace.

We had to change to a different salesperson at Havertys since our initial saleslady was more intent on getting us to buy thier guardsman plan than the furniture.

We are in our 70’s . We know you lost the commission on our sale but you should not pressure sell a 3rd company product to lose your customers who are ready to purchase.

Read the reviews of Guardsman before purchasing. They have been scamming customers for years and making millions in orofits. Educate yourself before being scammed into buying.

Burn marks or nail polish ? Same answer : service declined.

Many years ago I swore off extended warranties and service plans. They benefit only the recipient of your money and rarely satisfy the customer.

Why did you buy such delicate furniture with at least one toddler at home ?

You sort of set yourself up for this, I'm sorry.

to Smitty #1444719

Nail polish and ink are covered by guardsman. I have a new sofa after my 2 year old accidently spilled nail polish all over the sofa.

The secret here is ‘accidently’ in one incident. They donot cover stains when they are over a lenght of time.