144 views
Verified Reviewer

I called in September 2019 to file a claim on our bar stools. I was advised I could print and mail claim forms or file online.

I chose to file online so I could upload photos. While filing online I was not given an option to upload photos. I never heard from Guardsman. After the holidays I called them back on January 23rd spoke to a very nice gentleman that explained I need to complete and mail the forms, one for each chair.

I did so and mailed them the next day. Today I called for follow up and was informed my claim was denied because I never mailed papers in at the September 2019 initial call. I expressed my frustration, the rep advised all calls are recorded and the email states clearly what to do. I emphasized the rep in Sept was not clear and requested to speak to a manager.

The rep today advised there are no managers for this call.

After repeating that I want to speak to a manager, she again said there is no manager and I should have completed the claim and mailed documents back in September and since no docs were received, the claim is denied. I ended the call advising I will absolutely never buy Guardsmans again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Guardsman Claim.

Guardsman Cons: Failed to honor repair, Did not honor the service i purchased, Rude and unrealistic time requirements.

Comments

#1984344

I couldn't upload pics either so I bought a trackable envelope from the USPS which showed the date that my claim was received. Guardsman denied claim, said I didn't get it there on time.

A) Guardsman sent me an email on 28th day stating they had rec'vd my claim and would look into it...

B) I have documentation from USPS stating that an individual "picked up" my mailed in claim on the 27th day (out of the 30 day cut off) Calling Guardsman tomorrow with all of this proof! Can't wait to hear how they plan to get out of doing something!!

Don't bother calling this company. I have tried 10 times and after holding on line each time for at least 25 minutes I hung up out of frustration.

They never answer the phone. They have no idea what customer service is.

Guardsman Reviews