State: District Of Columbia City: Washington Clear all filters (6 of 621 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Guardsman review in Washington, District Of Columbia: What protective services to consider

I recently purchased furniture from Havertys and Guardsman protection was recommended, but your comments have caused me to have second thoughts. However, I still need protection for my furniture and would like to know what protection solvents have those disgruntled customers found to work. For example, Havertys have recommended Guardsman protective spray.....can I trust Havertys to apply the solvent as they say or should I distrust if the protective spray will work. The cost for this service is $299.00' which is a lot of money to pay when the spray doesn't work. I will need to make a decision within the next two week. consequently, all suggestions are welcomed . Thank You

Read the Guardsman warranty coverage and follow directions. Most upset customers did not read the warranty, did not know what was covered, and did not follow the directions to get the desired results.

Loss
Tags
  • Critical thinking
  • Cognition

Guardsman is a HUGE RIP OFF

What a freaking rip off!!!!!!!!!! Customer service is HORRIBLE!!!! The "representative" got VERY loud and rude with me when I got irked and was asking HER questions. It's her job to help a customer understand their protocol for putting in a claim. She just kept beating around the bush about why they weren't "accepting" my claim. Also, they are so slooooooow. You are on hold for at least 15 minutes in order to talk to someone. Then you are placed on hold for another 5-10 minutes, SEVERAL times during a call so they can "check" on what you are saying. They treat you like you are scamming them(I get that they probably do have to deal with scammers, but don't treat everyone like one, it's offensive for the amount of money we paid for the plan). After asking my question and pretty much saying that I don't agree with their decision, the "rep" said "uh huh ok yeah buh bye" and hung up in me while I was talking. That PISSED me off even more. So now I have to call back , wait another 15 min. just to be sent to someone's voicemail. Can I say what the *** is this place about!?!?!? Un-freaking-believable how they treat people. Their wait times, phone etiquette, round about ways of processing claims.... All total BS. Never never never again will I use them or purchase their service. They have horrible quality, just like the piece of *** furniture we bought from Ashley Furniture. Never ever use Guardsman. Wish I knew how horrible it was, I could have saved my money and frustrations and my time.

Guardsman Warranty screws another buyer

This seems to be their norm. I bought a Guardsman Warranty from Haverty's. After 2 years I discover that a seam that needs to be reinforced its loosing its threading. I follow all rules and regulations. Call, complete a form , send it in ,and then allow a professional to come to my home to assess and fix. Surprise, i was wrong. Guardsman declined my claim,stating that this is a manufacturing problem. Haverty's wont help, because manufacturing issues are warranted for one year only. My couch is two years old. I feel ***, violated, and angry. This happens to customers too often. We have no recourse?

Guardsman is a Dishonest company. They take money and find loopholes not to offer the promised coverage.

I have the Elite Plan to cover a dining room table. I noticed a bubbling in the wood on the top of the table. I filed all of the correct paperwork and reported it within the five day period they require and the claim was denied. In my policy it clearly says bubbling of the wood is covered.

Guardsman however said it was not covered because I did not say it was caused by a single accident. I asked them what kind of accident could occur to cause bubbling in the wood and they could not give me a scenario under which it would be covered.

This is dishonest and fraudulent behavior. Do Not Buy This Policy!!!!

i have the guardsman warranty also and they screwed me too....we have a terminally ill son who is bed ridden and on a feeding tube and we had a feeding tube incident where is leaked out and spilled about 2 cans of formula and gastric juices all over the couch and cushions. i called guardsman to use my warranty and after a week and half they finally got someone where to clean it and it wasnt even 3 hours after the cleaning guy left that i could stil smell rotten formula and the smell of vomit from the gastric juices, the cushions stil had a crusty feeling to them after he cleaned them so i called the company back to report this and they told me only deal with stains not odors and we dont clean the cushions only the fabric....this warranty is a waste of money and a crock of ***.....buyers beware and dont spend the extra money......they dont follow through

No where in guardsmans contract does it say anything about seams splitting being covered. You bought a warranty for food and beverage stains, human or pet body fluids, and accidental tears or punctures. Read your contract and stop whining!

I Agree! Guardsman takes advantage of customers and LIES!

View more comments (3)
Review
#271937 Review #271937 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Guardsman Furniture Warranty as a Company is a Scam

I would not recommend this product to anyone. Our dining chair was cut at a party on a Saturday night. I reported the incident to Guardsman on Monday. They sent their rep to look at the damage and denied my claim. First they said I did not file the claim timely. When they discovered the claim was filed timely they said all of my chairs had puncture marks. I was speechless. That is so untrue. The chairs are leather. Leather wears but there are no cracks, cuts etc...in the other chairs. The furniture store I purchased the dining set from tried to help and contacted Guardsman. They were told a dog bit my chair. Mind you my dog is a 7 pound Shih Zu that was not even home the weekend the accident happened. I will seek legal advise. In the long run it will cost me more, however, this company should not be allowed to get away with lie after lie.

I had different circumstances, but same result. Guardsman will find any reason possible to not pay your claim.

Furniture stores (Haverty's in my case) should be too ashamed of this scam to continue doing business with them.

I will try filing a Better Business Bureau complaint and hold my breath.

I have the gaurdsman gold protection plan. I got it because I have children.

My son punctured the side of the couch with scissors. They denied the claim saying the damage is too expensive to repair! Yes, I know that is why I bought a protection plan you morrons! It is clear that punctures are covered but they would not cover the damage.

They did offer to send me $100 to cover the damage but the furniture would no longer be covered. What! it is a 5 yr plan!

Not a up to 5 year as long as you don't make a claim plan! No one told me that the plan only covered one claim.

View more comments (1)
Review
#241991 Review #241991 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Guardsman Claim

Never Buy Guardsman Protection -- A Real Rip Off

We bought some very very expensive furniture and got a guardsman plan that cost $289.95. We have a small tear on a leather couch, probably easily fixed. Call guardsman for their warranty and they say "oh, one we do not do that kind of work and two you did not call us withing five days of you noticing the damage?. I will do my best to get a refund of the warranty or what is left -- who knows what the warranty is for on a leather couch if they don't fix the leather, an never never ever buy anything Guardsman again -- I hope everyone reading this joins me and does not get RIPPED OFF by Guardman -- they are pretty much a fraud!!!
Review
#197766 Review #197766 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Guardsman Extended Warranty

just like other customers that have complained about Guardsman.You have to jump thru hoops and rings to get any servive done thru them. i bought 3 sofas n 3 chairs for well well over $10k, After 1 1/2 yrs my sofa springs on 1 side are already shot and they said there is nothing wrong w/them.Tech has been out there twice n tells me there is a problem then goes to home office and says everything is normal. I swear this guy must on crack or some sort of other drug. they suck dont buy it. i will be filing suit against Havertys and Guardsman.
Guardsman Warranty