Scituate, Massachusetts

I was naive - bought the Guardsman policy on furniture i purchased from Bob's Discount Furniture.One of my kids ripped the couch.

Followed all their rules - submitted pictures - they said my furniture had dry rot and i submitted a fraudulent claim. I contacted the BBB in Michigan and the attorney general in Michigan. This whole process of delay and deny if fraud on their part.

I am trying to organize a class action lawsuit - they are definitely committing fraud against consumers.My email is please email me your story, email address so i can start compiling a list for an attorney.

Review about: Guardsman Claim.

They have yanked us around for over a year. Now they're claiming time expired from the start of the claim. This is ridiculous.

Would love to see class action suit. Filed 3 claims that their contract lists as covered to just have the claims denied for bs reasons. After reading all the reviews this seems to be how they conduct business.

Bought 5 year was told the same thing not there a class action suit against them.

to Carol #1444704

Management at Havertys sent us pictures of sofas where kids using permanent markers drew all over furniture.They received a full replacement using their Guardsman protection plan.

Just blame the kids.

Wild birthday party and this is what happened.Guardsman will take care of the ridulous claims faster than everyday stains.

We had an experience with guardsman as well when they insisted a wine stain was dirt (which they don't cover)

Email me at if this happens and I'm in!

I can be a part of Guardsmen case.

My story is round around Sears furniture.

Bought my sofa and love seat.

Made claim accepted they were replacing it then Sears went bankrupt.Now getting only 30% of the value or warranty money back.

to Vikas #1444706

The claim is through guardsman not sears. Guardsman has to cover it.

I had an even worse experience.I h ad a custom made leather sectional made.

I p unchanged from The Great Escape. I was shown swatches of leathers that I could

Choose from that would be suitable to use. I chose one and was NEVER told

That this was a synthetic bonded leather.. I was not informed that it was not

I spent over $2600.00 for the sectional.

I also too out the 5 year warranty with Guardsman.

I bought it in Aug 2011.. and in Aug 2017 it began to peel. I hardly ever sat on sofa it was just for show mostly So it was 1 year past warranty and guardsman will not honor a claim Now. I called and spoke to store mgr, who apologized but said There was nothing he could do!.

The manufacturer of the couch filed chapter 11 And went out of business! I told him he should still stand by the products he sold But repeated there was nothing he could do!! He suggested googling class action lawsuits F I r bonded leather couches. I did that and found your comments I am looking an appropriate class action l eat her aw suit to join!

I also called channel t responds..there apparently are hundreds Of these cases..and they are getting refunds Google it and you will see a's maddening!I also reported this to my us congressman To begin legislation to combat to his crime!

Annette J terrible customer service, would be willing to share my experience

Would like to join this claim if still active.

to Josh A #1364894

Do you know if anyone started a class action lawsuit?I have been having nothing but issues.

Nobody returns a call. This has been going on for several months. I think they drag this on so by the time they actually come out, our warranty is expired. I filled out a piece of paper for each piece I needed repaired.

My kitchen table chairs had small nicks.This requires 7 seperate forms.

Portland, Maine, United States #1356755

Get this - they approved my claim for a pet stain to be cleaned.Said that the cleaner they contract with would be in touch within a week.

Followed up two weeks later, oh, nope, Guardsman doesn't contract with any furniture cleaners in my area.How can this policy be useful?!

Houston, Texas, United States #1346687

Any luck with class action? Would love to join. Houston.

OMG!!! If you people would read your plans you would be informed!!! Your fault!!

to Anonymous Davenport, Florida, United States #1356926

*** ! The plan clearly states it will cover damage, stains ,rips and pet damage. It is Guardsman who is the SCAM company deciving consumers.

to Anonymous #1444710

Yes Read what Guardsman covers.All you have to do is make sure it is a permanent stain that they cant get out.

Full replacement. You have to learn the loopholes in their coverage to get action.

Read what guardsman covers and play their game.We recently got a new leather sectional.

to Anonymous Kissimmee, Florida, United States #1356928

I _ D_ I _O _T ! Read the plan yourself or get soneone who can read it for you. You must be a rep for Guardsman.

New York City, New York, United States #1282920

Same issue....I sent a request to Guardsman to have the arm on my couch fixed, they said they sent the paperwork on 3-28-16 to me, I filled it out with all additional documentation and mailed it the same day on 4-21-16 from WI to their office in MI.I waited for almost a yr for response.....

The response after calling to check on the status of my claim, it was denied stating they didn't receive the claim until 4-30-16 and is past their 30 day time frame to submit the claim. My only option was to send an email to which I did......

In no time, I got a letter stating they sent the paperwork on 3-28-16 and they received the paperwork on 4-29-16 (1 DAY after the 30 days!!!!) and they too denied my claim!!!This is a total SCAM, save your money, its not worth the aggravation or the money because they will not fix anything anyway!!!

Reno, Nevada, United States #1280783

I Had the same experience with them.The seam ripped my couch...

I was told it would be covered and when I called them I was told it was not covered.I basically bought a policy that I can't use.

to Melinda Haxby #1444713

Seam separation is covered by guardsman. Go back to the store where you purchased and get the list that your guardsman plan covers. An informed consuner knows how to take action agaist these scam companies.