Scituate, Massachusetts
2.3K views

I was naive - bought the Guardsman policy on furniture i purchased from Bob's Discount Furniture. One of my kids ripped the couch.

Followed all their rules - submitted pictures - they said my furniture had dry rot and i submitted a fraudulent claim. I contacted the BBB in Michigan and the attorney general in Michigan. This whole process of delay and deny if fraud on their part.

I am trying to organize a class action lawsuit - they are definitely committing fraud against consumers. My email is allenjthompsonjr@gmail.com please email me your story, email address so i can start compiling a list for an attorney.

Review about: Guardsman Claim.

Comments

I am in a mess with them not covering my couch that was damaged upon delivery. This has been months now.

Has anyone actually ever had something covered? I was told by the sales person in 2014 when I purchased my $7,000 worth of sofas that "literally everything is covered." Two years later the couch has scratches from my dog freaking out during a thunderstorm when I'm not home all over the back headrest.

I open a claim and get told its "bodily oils" and not covered?! WTF!?

I would love for them to have to prove that in court, especially considering I have the Nestcam video of my dog scratching the couch back to prove it! Denied and there's nothing i can do about it!

They have yanked us around for over a year. Now they're claiming time expired from the start of the claim. This is ridiculous.

Would love to see class action suit. Filed 3 claims that their contract lists as covered to just have the claims denied for bs reasons. After reading all the reviews this seems to be how they conduct business.

Bought 5 year was told the same thing not coverd.is there a class action suit against them.

to Carol #1444704

Management at Havertys sent us pictures of sofas where kids using permanent markers drew all over furniture. They received a full replacement using their Guardsman protection plan.

Just blame the kids.

Wild birthday party and this is what happened. Guardsman will take care of the ridulous claims faster than everyday stains.

to Jeffrey Cruz #1501146

This is Not true.

to Anonymous #1509361

OK yea

to Jeffrey Cruz #1510568

Yes its true. Our salesman told us the same that all the employees received the email to sell their guardsman insurance plan.

It works roo. Kids made a mess of our sectional with colored permanent markers yesterday at our son’s birthday part. Viola! We got a new sectional after 4 years.

Just have to know how to use the plan to their verbage. Look it up on the internet to see pictures from the email management sent all staff.

#1402026

We had an experience with guardsman as well when they insisted a wine stain was dirt (which they don't cover)

Email me at amberlafage@gmail.com if this happens and I'm in!

I can be a part of Guardsmen case.

My story is round around Sears furniture.

Bought my sofa and love seat.

Made claim accepted they were replacing it then Sears went bankrupt. Now getting only 30% of the value or warranty money back.

to Vikas #1444706

The claim is through guardsman not sears. Guardsman has to cover it.

I had an even worse experience. I h ad a custom made leather sectional made.

I p unchanged from The Great Escape. I was shown swatches of leathers that I could

Choose from that would be suitable to use. I chose one and was NEVER told

That this was a synthetic bonded leather.. I was not informed that it was not

Durable!

I spent over $2600.00 for the sectional.

I also too out the 5 year warranty with Guardsman.

I bought it in Aug 2011.. and in Aug 2017 it began to peel. I hardly ever sat on sofa it was just for show mostly So it was 1 year past warranty and guardsman will not honor a claim Now. I called and spoke to store mgr, who apologized but said There was nothing he could do!.

The manufacturer of the couch filed chapter 11 And went out of business! I told him he should still stand by the products he sold But repeated there was nothing he could do!! He suggested googling class action lawsuits F I r bonded leather couches. I did that and found your comments I am looking an appropriate class action l eat her aw suit to join!

Ps.

I also called channel t responds..there apparently are hundreds Of these cases..and they are getting refunds Google it and you will see a video..it's maddening! I also reported this to my us congressman To begin legislation to combat to his crime!

Annette J terrible customer service, would be willing to share my experience

Anjack9989@yahoo.com

Would like to join this claim if still active. jalter7@gmail.com

to Josh A #1364894

Do you know if anyone started a class action lawsuit? I have been having nothing but issues.

Nobody returns a call. This has been going on for several months. I think they drag this on so by the time they actually come out, our warranty is expired. I filled out a piece of paper for each piece I needed repaired.

My kitchen table chairs had small nicks. This requires 7 seperate forms.

Portland, Maine, United States #1356755

Get this - they approved my claim for a pet stain to be cleaned. Said that the cleaner they contract with would be in touch within a week.

Followed up two weeks later, oh, nope, Guardsman doesn't contract with any furniture cleaners in my area. How can this policy be useful?!

to Courtney O #1510572

Stain should be cleaned but they are not responsible for the odor. Better to have a rip, tear or permanent stain that cannotbe cleaned.

Then they will replace it. Guardsman trainer told us how to tell customers what to say so they will repair, replace, or reselect. Replace and reselect is the best way to get a brand new item. Permanent stains are covered.

Read the plan and follow their rules to get the replacement. Its not rocket science folks.

Houston, Texas, United States #1346687

Any luck with class action? Would love to join. Bwen300@live.com Houston.

OMG!!! If you people would read your plans you would be informed!!! Your fault!!